Frequently Asked Questions
2021 NASW Virtual Forum – Reimagining Social Work in Health
Where and when will the 2021 NASW Virtual Forum take place? The 2021 NASW Virtual Forum, “Reimagining Social Work in Health” will be held virtually and take place online in “real time” November 9-10, 2021.
Do I have to be a social worker to attend the 2021 NASW Virtual Forum? No, in addition to social workers, we encourage other health and human services professionals to attend the forum.
What is included in the registration cost? Registration for the Virtual Forum includes all keynote presentations, breakout sessions, and plenary programs.
What is the deadline for registration? Register for the 2021 NASW Virtual Forum online through the last day of the event. Register early as space is limited!
Is registration required? Yes. Please see the registration page on the Virtual Forum web site: https://naswvirtual.socialworkers.org/virtualforum2021
Will I receive written confirmation of my registration? Yes. All registrants will receive an email confirmation shortly after submitting the registration form.
Is there a student registration rate? Yes, a student registration rate is available for student members of NASW. The student rate is $125 for the full program (both days) or $100 for a single day.
Is there a discount for multiple registrations from the same organization? Yes. If five or more people from the same organization register for the 2021 Virtual Forum you will receive a 15% discount for each registration. Please note the five or more people must be registered at the same time.
What is the Virtual Forum cancellation policy? Refunds will be processed according to the following cancellation policy:
Requests for refunds must be made in writing and sent to NASW by email to email@example.com. Refunds will be issued no later than 30 days following receipt of the request and will follow the schedule below:
- For cancellation requests received before October 15, 2021: You will receive a 100% refund of your registration fee.
- For cancellation requests received October 16 – October 31: You will receive a 50% refund of your registration fee.
- No refunds will be made for cancellation requests received after October 31, 2021.
- NASW regrets that refunds will not be given for "no-shows."
How do I receive my CE credit? If you view a program live and, in its entirety, you are entitled to receive CE credit and your certificate will indicate that CE was live. When each session ends, you will need to complete a session evaluation, then return to the program page within the Virtual Forum platform to access the Certificate Component. You may view all of your registered programs in your Dashboard and, from your dashboard, you may re-enter any completed program to claim your certificate.
Are there pre-Forum activities? There will not be pre-Forum activities. However, registrants will have access to the Forum website before the live event and will be encouraged to log in and become familiar with the site, its features and meet and network with participants across the country.
What if I cannot attend all the live forum events? Will I be able to view the presentation(s) at another time? Yes. On-demand recordings will be posted approximately four weeks following the live event and will be available for three months once posted. Please know that to earn CEs from the on-demand sessions you will have to successfully pass a post-test; please be aware that some state licensing boards treat “Live” and “On-Demand” CEs differently.
When will I receive login information? You will be provided with your login information in the confirmation email you receive upon registration. You are encouraged to log in two weeks prior to the start of the Forum and explore the website to become familiar with its features.
Will handouts be provided? Plenary and breakout session PowerPoint slides and any other presentation materials will be posted and available for participants to download and print from the forum website prior to the start of the event. These materials will also be available for three months following the Forum.
How far ahead of time should we log in to a session? All Forum sessions will begin on time. We recommend that you log in, visit the Forum website and become familiar with its features two weeks prior to the Forum. At the beginning of each day, we recommend that you log in 5 minutes prior to the start time to double check your connection and sound.
Can I participate if I live outside of the United States? Yes! For no additional cost, you can participate in the Virtual Forum as long as you have internet access that meets the Technical Requirements.
Where do I go if I have additional questions?
If you have additional questions, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
System Requirements to View Live Streaming Programs
Please ensure your organization meets hardware, software and bandwidth requirements well in advance of the webcast, consult with your IT staff or consultant to ensure you are ready and available to access all elements of the event before it begins.
Step 1: Browser Tests
Please take the following browser test. If you are on a network that uses a firewall or VPN, you can test your access in advance to ensure our software will not be blocked. You will know it's working when you see a video of the Jefferson Memorial and hear music. http://events.commpartners.com/webcasts/browsertestor/
Step 2: Please review the following Technical Requirements and be sure your system and networks are up to date.
Minimum System Requirements:
2 GHz Dual Core CPU Processor or faster
4 GB RAM (Greater than 4 GB is a benefit)
Minimum Browser Requirements:
Browser must support HTML-5. To detect your browser version, run https://whichbrowser.net/. Please do not use Internet Explorer as it is too old to be compatible. Chrome, Firefox and Edge are continuously updated by their publishers. For the best experience, use the most current version.
Current versions of Chrome
Current versions of Firefox
Current versions of Edge
Safari 14 or later
Windows 10 or later
Mac OS X 10.14 or later
iOS 12 or greater
IP Addresses and Ports to Allow for HTML5:
18.104.22.168 port 80, 443 (web and audio)
22.214.171.124 port 80, 443 (web and audio)
126.96.36.199 ports 80, 443 (web and audio)
188.8.131.52 ports 80, 443 (web and audio)
184.108.40.206 ports 80, 443 (web and audio)
Can I view on my phone?
Yes, you can view this webcast from your mobile device, but there are some precautions to take.
1. Mobile device internet connections can be spotty. This could cause the video and audio to stop and start. This is not something we can fix on our end, so please be sure to use a strong and fast connection.
2. Make sure you open up your mobile device’s browser and type in the conference website to log in. Don’t click a link from your email. Depending on your device this may not launch the full browser program, but just a partial function browser.
The video or audio stops and starts.
This is an indication you do not have enough steady bandwidth. This is not something we can fix for you on our end, but we can offer some suggestions you can try.
1. If on Wi-Fi, try using a hard-wired Ethernet connection. Sometimes Wi-Fi is too slow or spotty.
2. If you only have Wi-Fi try moving physically closer to your Wi-Fi router.
3. Try to limit other users of your bandwidth. Close down other tabs, browser windows, programs and any other internet users in your office or home.
4. If you are using a VPN or remote desktop, drop those and try a direct connection to the internet.
It is recommended that you use a PC or MAC with an updated Internet Browser. We recommend Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Edge or Safari. You will not be able to use Internet Explorer as it is too old to be compatible.
- Make sure you have pop-ups blockers disabled in your internet browser settings.
- Make sure that your internet browser is Active X enabled.
- Wifi is not recommended. The problem with WiFi is signal strength can vary causing bandwidth to increase or decrease.
- We recommend a wired connection. A wired connection gives a consistent signal and consistent bandwidth. A wired connection provides a better experience.
- Audio (sound) is projected through your computer speakers. Be sure your computer is equipped with speakers or the room where the conference is being broadcast is equipped with speakers so you can hear the presenters.
Need Further Technical Assistance?
Please send an email to email@example.com.
|Access Date||Quiz Result||Score||Actions|